Hyperautomation refers to the use of next-generation cognitive technologies such as RPA (Robotic Process Automation), AI (Artificial Intelligence), Analytics, NLP, etc. enabling end-to-end process automation. Healthcare & Life Sciences companies are embracing Hyperautomation to quality control and adhere to regulatory compliance, automate manual tasks and improve the patient experience.
The inefficiency in Healthcare systems addressed by Hyperautomation is far-reaching, and impacts the entire arena of Healthcare operations; from claims operations to patient data management, and customer support to patient-HCP (Healthcare Provider) engagement.
The Healthcare landscape is rapidly advancing with electronic health records (EHR), wearable sensors, digital patient engagement, etc. generating enormous amounts of big data daily. Life Sciences & Healthcare companies leverage this intelligent data for research purposes improving patient outcomes, developing personalized therapy for patients, and improving the quality of drugs; while ensuring regulatory compliance.
Here are the prime challenges that leading Healthcare and Pharma companies face while dealing with large databases:
- Siloed legacy systems are largely dependent on traditional manual methods and fragmented internal workflows.
- Non-adherence to audit trail compliance and zero process transparency for HCPs/patients.
- Draining, repetitive tasks occupying several man-hours lead to high operating cost.
- Manual error-prone processes result in persistent regulatory and operational challenges.
Hyperautomation provides end to end resolution for these bottlenecks without requiring human intervention, thereby seamlessly complying with regulatory and regulatory guidelines.
Suggested Read: 5 ways RPA is transforming medical claims processing
Hyperautomation use cases
Hyperautomation is redefining patient care by scaling automation, thereby positively impacting health outcomes. By adding capabilities to existing processes, Hyperautomation is enhancing the value of both human expertise and data. Here are the top Hyperautomation use cases gaining traction in the Healthcare regulatory & compliance sector:
1.Voice Biometrics technology: This technology is used to identify patients. It analyzes patients’ voices using voice recognition and intelligent algorithms to validate their identity and cross-check it with the data provided on their registration form. This provides an extra layer of authentication ensuring no one impersonates a patient during any sort of interaction.
2. RPA Chatbots: Bots are fed with select use cases based on user’s behavior/feedback to resolve user queries through self-learning algorithms. Such tasks include answering patient queries, managing appointment schedules, FAQs, etc. which are being deployed in leading Pharma & Healthcare companies.
3. Reduced costs: Introducing RPA bolsters the automation of manual repetitive tasks such as claims processing which enables companies to reduce manual processing operational costs significantly.
4. Big Data & Analytics: Advanced Analytics in the Pharma supply chain enables data to be leveraged into manufacturing, and other data storage systems, providing adherence to regulations, greater visibility for quality compliance, and scalable manufacturing with agile supply chains.
5. Medical assistance: AI tools recognize patients’ symptoms and analyze them thoroughly through simulations, identifying the disease or predicting future possibilities of diseases accurately. Patients use AI applications or smart wearables to monitor their vitals and the bots promptly notify them in case of medical emergencies.
These next-gen technologies are aiding in streamlining business processes by automating patient forms, collecting data from disparate sources, transferring patient data between systems, performing analytics, and creating reports of the same. Supervised access to data and audit trail stamps significantly contributes to compliance risk reduction for the Healthcare industry.
As digitization in Healthcare and Life Sciences continues to evolve, Hyperautomation is playing its part to help businesses enable better access to healthcare services, advance their medical devices, adhere to compliance and regulations, and improve relationships between patients, HCPs, suppliers, and others, building a well-connected digital ecosystem for all.
How can Neebal help?
At Neebal we focus on creating automation technologies suitable for businesses across BFSI, Pharma, Agro and FMCG verticals. With more than a decade’s presence in this spectrum, we have been successfully providing purpose-driven, and outcome-oriented solutions to simplify processes and facilitate digital transformation. Our solutions are not only customizable but also effective in reducing human intervention without compromising on proposed benefits.